WP#7 IN A NUTSHELL
WP#7 consolidates the structures of joint project collaboration with our partners at the level of science, implementation, dissemination and utilization.
Internally, coordination ensures trans-disciplinary integration. Externally, the activities are managed with the implementation and dissemination partners to ensure maximum impact.
Sustainability is a transversal issue. To achieve a viable implementation, with a sustained impact, we pursue a trans-disciplinary and holistic approach incorporating innovative methods and expertise from various fields.
The work package teams will cooperate together, share their findings and develop joint deliverables. Tools and products will systematically build upon each other. Learning curves and feedback loops will be incorporated into the project design.
Our project promotes sustainable buildings and sustainable urban development in Cambodia from a people-centred perspective whose connecting scientific-conceptional, analytical and superior normative bracket is always the quality of urban life.
With this project, our multi-disciplinary team focuses on aligning people’s needs and aspirations with tools to benefit and enhance their living. We believe this will lead to major effects on urban sustainability through more energy- and resource-efficient buildings. The results we seek are no less than significantly lowered pollutant emissions, an increase of urban green, a healthier urban climate, raised awareness among decision makers, modified behaviour among the citizens and an overall better quality of urban life.
Our Scientific Advisory Board will ensure that our measures are demand-driven and adapted to the local context.
MILESTONES & SELECT RESULTS
- Ensuring integrative research through trans-disciplinarity
- Adapted implementation and dissemination strategy
- Coordinating the cooperation with the implementation and the dissemination partners
- Social media campaign including video clip trailers
- Preparing for the placement of a CIM expert for national and local key authorities to facilitate implementation
- Support Build4People Ecocity Transition Lab in cooperation with Phnom Penh Capital Administration
- Support to conceptualize urban quality of life
- Support to develop 1st edition of the Build4People exhibition „Green Buildings & Sustainable Neighbourhoods“ (English language edition; Khmer language edition)
WP#7 is implemented by the Build4People consortium leader, the University of Hamburg and the Cambodian Institute of Urban Studies (CIUS).
Hamburg University • Department of Human Geograpy • Bundesstraße 55 • 20146 Hamburg • Germany
WP#7 Leader: Dr. Michael Waibel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WP#7 Local Project Management Assistance: Dr. Susanne Bodach (email@example.com)
WP#7 Project Management Partner: Cambodian Institute of Urban Studies (CIUS)
CIUS Director: Dr. Tep Makathy (firstname.lastname@example.org)